Bachelors in Science (BSc) is an undergraduate degree that is generally for 3 to 4year of time duration. This particular course aims to provide students with a basic understanding of many scientific as well as technical areas. Bachelor of Science (BSc) programs, along with Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degrees, are one of the most preferred options for those students interested in science-related areas. While different branches of science have traditionally existed, often including physics, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, mathematics, and statistics, the increased emphasis on scientific rigor has played a major part in its amalgamation with other modern disciplines such as fashion design, economics, communication, psychology, and nutrition. Additionally, those students who graduate with this degree can pursue careers in the Science stream or in sectors such as Finance, Animation, or indeed in International Studies.
Courses Available in Nepal
As students select BSc courses following 12th Science, they can choose from a list of well-known BSc fields. A greater part of Nepalese universities offers this course in a number of different types of science areas. The following are some of Nepal’s Bachelor of Science (BSc) programs:
- BSc Agriculture
- BSc Biotechnology
- BSc Zoology
- BSc Clinical Research & Healthcare Management
- BSc Forestry
- BSc Microbiology
- BSc Nursing
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Radiology
- B.Sc. Bioinformatics
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Botany
- B.Sc. IT etc.
Duration of Bachelor of Science (BSc) course varies according to the universities. Such as, most colleges will offer three years courses of BSc, but the government will offer four years of bachelor courses in Nepal. For instance, Tribhuvan University’s Bachelor of Science (BSc.) program is a four-year curriculum.
- In general, you must achieve a minimum score of 33.33 percent. Aside from that, some colleges may require specified grades, such as 75 percent or 85 percent. It is entirely dependent on the college to which you wish to apply.
- At the Higher Secondary level, pupils must have studied basic courses such as math, physics, chemistry, and biology.
- The students must pass 10+2 or equivalent exams (with Biological Course) with a minimum grade of ‘C’ in all subjects.
- Unless an institute’s qualifying rules are indicated otherwise, there is just no age restriction for pursuing a BSc.
In colleges and universities of Nepal, scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit. Almost all colleges and universities award scholarships to high school graduates and for those who have performed well academically in the past. These awards only cover the cost of education in the particular education sector. For assurance, contact the university/college administration for those students who wish to visit for more information.
What sets this course apart from others?
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) is always a better option to read, as the degrees can have a significant impact on your work and personal life. Because it is the most preferred university course. The ultimate goal of a BSc program is to provide students with theoretical, practical, and research capabilities. With a B.Sc., you’ll be able to pursue a variety of careers. You can choose a field that actually interests you and also establish a profession that you will cherish for the rest of your life. After obtaining a B.Sc., there are plenty of job options. After completing their B.Sc., students can pursue jobs in management or law. B.Sc. graduates receive a higher proportion of pay and have more benefits options than graduates from other fields such as business and the arts. As more countries develop and globalization expands work options, science and technology-based jobs are becoming increasingly popular. As a result, your degree will increase your professional value and provide you with prospects to operate in some of the greatest organizations and industries. A B.Sc. degree is required for some of the country’s most esteemed and popular professions, such as doctor and engineer. Other prominent professions that require a B.Sc. degree include lawyers and scientists. It may seem impossible, but people who pursue a B.Sc. have a higher hope of influencing and enhancing the globe. As a result, if you really want to make a difference in the world, pursue a B.Sc. degree.
National Colleges offering B.Sc. Courses in Nepal
- Amrit Science Campus (ASCOL), Kathmandu
- Kamala Science Campus, Sindhuli
- Asian College for Advance Studies, Lalitpur
- B and B Medical Institute, Lalitpur
- Bhakti Adarsha Multiple Campus, Lamjung
- Birat Health College and Research Centre, Morang
- Damak Multiple Campus, Jhapa
- Devdaha Medical College, Rupandehi
- Dhaulagiri Multiple Campus, Baglung
- Gorkha Campus, Gorkha
- Kailali Multiple Campus , Kailali
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Science (KUSMS), Kavre
- Lalitpur Nursing Campus, Lalitpur
- Kailpal Hospital and College (KHC), Banke
- Lalitpur Valley College, Lalitpur (etc)
International Colleges offering B.Sc. Courses in Nepal
- Lawrence College
- Sipradi Trading P. Ltd. (Gongabu)
- SANN International College
- Morgan International College
- The Times International College
- Texas International College
- Xavier International College
- Himalayan WhiteHouse International College
- Orchid Int’l College
- Canvas International College
- Thames International College
- Atlantic Int´l College
- Sunway College
- Malpi International College / Malpi Institute A-Levels College
- Global College International – GCI
- Oscar International College (etc)
Job prospects and scope
An excellent performer in science at the undergraduate level has a wide range of options and professional chances. A BSc. program is extremely difficult and demanding, requiring a great deal of attention, hard work, enthusiasm, and originality. Undergrads in the BSc. program have the option of continuing their education in industrialized countries. Graduates of science are in high demand and well-compensated in other nations. Graduates are in high demand not just in industrialized countries, but also in their home countries. Graduates might work in education and tuition centers as teachers and trainers. Researchers also can work in a wide variety of roles in the field of research. In the field of science, there are a variety of government and non-government organizations, business houses, and companies where graduates can work and earn a fair salary. Aside from that, there are a variety of other sectors in which students might pursue a career.
Let’s have a glimpse at the more promising employment opportunities in the world of science:
- Research Scientist
- Forensic Scientist
- Analytical Chemist
- Science Writer
- Clinical Scientist
- Scientific Laboratory Technician
- IT Professional
- Agricultural Scientist
- Animator or Designer
- Game Designer
A concluding phrase
The focus of this blog is on the technicalities and significant elements of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree, as well as some of the careers you may be able to pursue following the program. Unfortunately, too many students choose their course at the last minute without proper research and end up on paths that are popular but not on par with their interest and passion, this blog is to help those pupils who are keen to research the science-related courses in Nepal. As a result, whenever it comes to Nepalese students, the Science stream is a popular choice. Students must remember that achieving one’s goals and desires demands continual motivation and effort. If you want to pursue experience in the industry of science, this blog is very much helpful for you to gather the basic and important information that you need.