The Master of Business Studies (MBS) is a two-year postgraduate degree program in business and management. It is one of the most popular postgraduate programs in Nepal and is offered by over 180 business schools under Tribhuvan University.
This program is structured over two years, consisting of four semesters. The MBS program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a variety of business careers.
The MBS program in Nepal at Tribhuvan University is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to become competent managers in various sectors, including business, industry, government, and non-governmental organizations. The program consists of 1000 marks, distributed as follows:
- 14 analytical and core courses (700 marks)
- 2 specialization courses (200 marks)
- A thesis or two seminar papers (100 marks)
Objectives of the MBS Program:
This MBS program has several objectives designed to shape students into competent managers:
- Conceptual Knowledge: It equips students with the fundamental conceptual knowledge of business and management.
- Functional Area Expertise: The program focuses on developing expertise in various management functions like accounting, marketing, finance, and general management.
- Global Perspective: Students gain insight into the business environment at both national and global levels.
- Entrepreneurship: It encourages entrepreneurial capabilities, fostering effective change agents within Nepalese society.
- Research Skills: The program aims to develop research capabilities among students.
To be eligible for the MBS program, students must have successfully completed the BBS program or hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from Tribhuvan University or another university recognized by Tribhuvan University.
The Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a crucial step for MBS admission. This test consists of five sections:
- Verbal Ability – 20 questions
- Quantitative Ability – 20 questions
- Logical Reasoning – 20 questions
- General Awareness – 20 questions
- Business and Economics – 20 questions
The test has a total of 100 questions, and students must complete it within 90 minutes. The CMAT score is essential for admission to MBS programs, and campuses prepare their admission merit list based on these scores.
The MBS curriculum is divided into two parts: core courses and specialization courses. The core courses cover a broad range of business topics, while the specialization courses allow students to focus on a particular area of business, such as finance, marketing, or human resources.
In addition to the core and specialization courses, students must also complete a dissertation. The dissertation is a research project that allows students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in a particular area of business.
The MBS program is structured over two years, consisting of four semesters. Let’s take a closer look at the course structure for the MBS program:
|Human Resource Management
|Production and Operations Management
|Accounting for Financial and Managerial Decisions and Control
|Specialization Course (Choose one)
|Specialization Courses (Choose two)
Depending on your career goals and interests, you can choose from various specializations:
The Master of Business Studies (MBS) program in Nepal provides a comprehensive education in management. It opens doors to various career opportunities and equips students with the skills needed to excel in the business world. With 184 Business Schools in Nepal offering MBS programs, this degree is accessible to many aspiring managers. If you meet the eligibility criteria and pass the CMAT, you’re one step closer to a promising managerial career.
If you are interested in blogs related to education, find here: