What is No Objection Letter (NOC)?
Planning to pursue your education abroad in USA, Australia, Canada, or the UK,? Then you must be familiar with the term No Objection Letter (NOC). In this blog, we will provide you with all the necessary information about NOC, including its significance, application process, required documents, and frequently asked questions. Whether you’re a student or a guardian, this guide will ensure you have a smooth experience in obtaining the NOC and pursuing your education abroad.
What is a No Objection Letter (NOC)?
- A No Objection Letter, commonly referred to as NOC, is an authorization document issued by the Ministry of Education (MoE) of Nepal. It serves as proof that the government has no objections to your plans of studying abroad in countries like the USA, Australia, Canada, UK, and others.
Why do you need a No Objection Letter?
- The NOC is essential for making payments to the institution mentioned in the NOC and exchanging currency for educational expenses. Moreover, it is often required by immigration authorities as proof of your intention to study overseas.
Who can apply for a No Objection Letter?
- Any individual wishing to study abroad can apply for an NOC. Students themselves or their guardians, such as parents, grandparents, elder siblings, or spouses, can submit the application on their behalf. Guardians must include their citizenship along with the necessary documents.
Documents required for applying for a No Objection Letter in Nepal:
To apply for a No Objection Letter (NOC), you will need the following documents:
- Your passport (original and a certified photocopy).
- Your citizenship certificate (original and a certified photocopy).
- Academic transcripts from your last degree (original and a certified photocopy).
- A valid offer letter or I-20 from the university/college you plan to attend.
- An eligibility and registration certificate from the council (for medical or nursing studies).
- A marriage registration certificate (if applicable).
How to Apply for a No Objection Letter:
- Online and Physical Process: You can choose to apply for an NOC either online or physically. The Government of Nepal has introduced an online application process, making it more convenient for applicants. Here are the steps for both methods:
Online Application Process:
- Create an account on the NOC website (http://noc.moest.gov.np) using your email address or phone number.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the required documents.
- Await document verification, usually within 2-3 business days.
- If approved, make the payment of NPR 2000.00 for each NOC at Rastriya Banijya Bank.
- Follow any additional instructions or document requests for verification.
- Visit the Ministry of Education (MOE) for the hard copy of the NOC.
For Physical Application Process:
- Gather the necessary documents mentioned earlier.
- Obtain the application form from the MOE website or MOE office.
- Fill out the form and undergo document verification at the designated window.
- Pay the required fees at the designated window.
- Submit the documents and receive a token number.
- Collect the NOC from the assigned window. Note: Physical applications should be submitted by noon from Sunday to Thursday or by 11:30 am on Fridays.
Frequently Asked Questions about NOC in Nepal:
- Who needs an NOC?
- Students planning to study abroad require an NOC.
- Can I study abroad without an NOC?
- No, an NOC is mandatory for studying abroad.
- Do I need an NOC even if I don’t have to pay anything to foreign schools?
- Yes, immigration authorities may ask for an NOC as proof of your study plans.
- How long does it take to receive an NOC?
- If applying physically and all documents are complete, you can obtain it the same day. Online applications may take 1-2 business days.
- What is the cost of obtaining an NOC?
- The fee for each NOC is NPR 2000.00. Additional fees apply for each additional course, school, or level.
In Conclusion: Obtaining the No Objection Letter (NOC) is a vital step for Nepali students planning to study abroad. It ensures that you have the government’s permission and facilitates financial transactions related to your education. By following the application process and providing the required documents, you can acquire the NOC and proceed with your dream of studying abroad.
Remember to stay updated with the latest information from the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology for any changes in the application process or requirements. Good luck with your international education journey!
To read more like this visit: https://gurubaa.com/blog/. Ok BYE!