Complete Guide to CMAT in Nepal: Eligibility, Exam Structure, Preparation Tips, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Introduction to CMAT
CMAT also known as Central Management Admission Test is a highly competitive entrance test conducted by the Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University in Nepal for students aspiring to study various courses offered by the Faculty including BBA, BBM, BHM, BTTM, BIM, BMS, and BPA. The CMAT exam consists of four sections: Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness. Mostly, the CMAT entrance examination is conducted in the month of September/October by Tribhuvan University (TU).
In order to participate in the CMAT entrance examination in Nepal, aspiring candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria. These include obtaining a minimum grade of D+ in all subjects of the 11th and 12th grades, accompanied by a CGPA of 1.8 or higher. Alternatively, candidates who have achieved second division marks in their 10+2 examination are also eligible. Furthermore, students who are awaiting their grade 11 and grade 12 results can apply, but they must provide a passed certificate of their grades upon admission.
CMAT Grading Structure:
By referring to this CMAT Structure, you can easily determine the marks and identify the areas that require further attention during practice for the entrance exams.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Time: 90 Minutes
The CMAT exam consists of four sections: Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness. And here we have put the Sections and some important chapters that need to be studied under the CMAT course.
- Verbal Ability:
|1. Synonyms||6. One-Word Substitution|
|2. Antonym||7. Subject-Verb Agreement|
|3. Articles||8. Idiomatic Expressions|
|4. Reported Speech||9. Paragraph Completion|
|5. Preposition||10. Reading Comprehension|
2. Quantitative Ability:
|1. Quantitative Ability||11. Ratio and Proportion|
|2. Algebra||12. Relation and Function|
|3. Average||13. Sequence and Series|
|4. Profit Loss Discount and VAT||14. Set Theory|
|5. Co-ordinate Geometry||15. Statistics|
|6. Matrix and Determinant||16. Time and Work|
|7. Mensuration||17. Simple Interest|
|8. Percentage||18. Height and Distance|
|9. Permutation and Combination||19. Chain Rule|
|10. Probability||20. Area|
3. Logical Reasoning:
|1. Number and Letter series||11. Venn Diagram|
|2. Number and Letter Analogies||12. Logical deduction|
|3. Odd Man Out||13. Logic Questions|
|4. Wrong Term||14. Dice and Cube|
|5. Coding Decoding||15. Statement and Conclusions|
|6. Blood Relation||16. Non-Verbal|
|7. Direction Sense Test||17. Matching definitions|
|8. Logical table [Missing number]||18. Numbers|
|9. Ranking order||19. Arithmetical Logical Questions|
|10. Symbol and Nations|
4. General Awareness
|1. Geography||7. Sports|
|2. History/Politics||8. Economy/business|
|3. Science and Technology||9. International Relations and Organizations|
|4. Books and Prize||10. Current Affairs|
|5. Airlines||11. Business Awareness|
|6. Movies||12. Computer|
CMAT MODEL QUESTIONS:
These are the types of questions that you may encounter during the CMAT entrance exam.
Bachelor programs that need CMAT to enroll in?
To enroll in the following Bachelor’s programs, it is essential to meet the mandatory requirement of CMAT for admission:
Tips to Score Good Marks in CMAT Entrance Exam
Here are ten helpful strategies to boost your score on the CMAT eligibility test for the Faculty of Management courses offered by Tribhuvan University:
- Understand the Exam Structure: Gain a thorough understanding of the exam format, including the number of sections, time limits, and scoring system.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a well-rounded study plan that allocates sufficient time to each section, ensuring balanced preparation.
- Enhance English Skills: Improve your English language skills by practicing grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and reading. Engage with newspapers, magazines, and books to enhance reading speed and comprehension.
- Strengthen Math Fundamentals: Focus on building a strong foundation in mathematical concepts. Practice solving a variety of math problems encompassing arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and statistics.
- Develop IQ and Logical Reasoning: Enhance your logical reasoning and analytical thinking abilities through puzzles, brain teasers, and activities that sharpen problem-solving skills.
- Stay Updated with General Awareness: Keep abreast of current affairs, both national and international. Read newspapers, watch news channels, and follow relevant websites to stay informed about the latest events, developments, and trends.
- Master Time Management: Practice solving multiple-choice questions within the given time limit. Develop effective strategies to allocate time to each section, ensuring all questions are attempted.
- Take Mock Tests: Regularly take mock tests to simulate the actual exam environment. Analyze your performance, identify areas for improvement, and focus on enhancing speed and accuracy.
- Address Weak Areas: Identify your weak areas in each section and dedicate extra time to strengthen them. Seek assistance from tutors or study materials to overcome challenges.
- Utilize Previous Years’ Question Papers: Solve previous years’ CMAT question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and question types. This will help you understand the level of difficulty and build confidence.
Remember, consistent practice, effective time management and a focused approach are key to achieving a high score on the CMAT exam. Best of luck wit
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is CMAT in Nepal?
- CMAT is a highly competitive entrance exam conducted by the Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University in Nepal for students aspiring to study various courses affiliated with the university including BBA, BBM, BHM, BTTM, BIM, BMS and BPA
Why CMAT is required?
- CMAT is required to get enrolled in TU Affiliated colleges to study different courses like BBA, BHM, BIM, BTTM, and many more…
IS CMAT Compulsory in Nepal for Tribhuvan University?
- Yes, CMAT is compulsory for Tribhuvan University (TU) bachelor programs. You must take the CMAT exam if you want to study the following programs: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM), Bachelor of Information Management (BIM), Bachelor of Mountaineering Studies (BMS), Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM), and Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA).
What is the pass mark for CMAT in Nepal?
The CMAT exam lasts for 90 minutes and has a total of 100 multiple-choice questions. Each section has 25 questions, making a total of 100 marks. Students need to score at least 40% to pass the exam.
Who is eligible for the CMAT exam?
- Candidates/Students who have obtained a minimum of grade D+ in all subjects of the 11th and 12th grades with a CGPA of 1.8 or more or who have achieved second division marks in the 10+ 2 are eligible for taking the CMAT entrance examination.
Is CMAT compulsory for BBA?
- Yes, CMAT is compulsory for BBA in Nepal (Tribhuvan University).
When CMAT Exam will be held?
- CMAT Exam for this year has not been published yet.
How to check the CMAT Result?
- You can check the CMAT Results at: https://www.tudoms.org/cmat/check
What to do after CMAT result?
- Prepare for the selection process as soon as your CMAT results are published so you can get scholarship opportunities in the colleges for further studies.
- Keep track of cutoff lists: This means Checking the score that needs to be obtained for the university that you admire to study.
- At last, Go for it.
What type of questions are asked in CMAT?
- In CMAT, basically, four kinds of questions are asked:
- Verbal ability, quantitative ability, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness.
Who conducts CMAT Exams?
- CMAT Exams are conducted by the Faculty of Management, TU(Tribhuvan University).
When CMAT result will be declared?
- CMAT results will be declared within a short time of the exam being held.
Can I prepare for CMAT in 1 month?
- CMAT is a course of up to 2 to 3 months with a period of one to two hours daily, So it might be a little difficult for you to cover in one month but you can do it if you practice hard.
How to fill up the admission form for CMAT by Gurubaa?
- You can fill up the admission form online by Clicking here…
How can I get CMAT entrance card?
- Before the CMAT examination, the respective colleges where you are studying CMAT will provide you with the CMAT Admit Card.
Is there a negative marking on CMAT?
- No, there is no negative marking on CMAT.
Read more on: CMAT EXAM PREPARATION IN NEPAL.